Catchment Solutions provides research and learning products aligned to recreational, rural and urban systems and terrestrial and aquatic landscape use.
What we offer
We supply applied research and business development products to business, industry, and service organisations in fields consistent with our key services delivery programs. The foundation for applied research rests on our team of experienced researchers, facilitators and scientists, and their significant ‘hands-on’ experience.
Catchment Solutions maintains strong relationship with local business, industry, government and institutional stakeholders, which serve to enhance opportunities for our clients. The needs of our clients as well as our partnership network both drive our research and development agenda.
Our reasons for research
The major objectives of applied research at Catchment Solutions are to:
- support local business, industry, government, land managers and institutions in their efforts to innovate and improve their products and processes through applied research activities
- enhance community education and research skills through applied research opportunities
- promote the professional development of staff through research opportunities.
Development of Entrepreneurial NRM Tourism
- Island Conservation Tourism Project
- Mackay Whitsunday Isaac Catchment Conservation Tourism Project
Rural Production Innovation
- Project Catalyst
- Bonsucro producer network project
- Brazilian sugar farming BMP project
- Carbon emissions and calculator for intensive agriculture project
- Mackay Regional Council water quality offset pilot project